Willis Towers Watson Business Analyst, EDI in Chicago, Illinois
Business Analyst, EDI
Date Posted: November 1, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
As an EDI Business Analyst working with Data Services Team (DST) you will serve a key role for our outsourcing business by serving as the link between external clients and vendors, and our internal team of business analysts. You will contribute to the implementation of new services, and ongoing business ensuring file transfers/exports between all parties are running, loading, and transferring according to specified requirements. You will also consult to clients concerning file transfer best practices, provide ongoing technical support, and train client teams.
Associate will ideally be located in Chicago, Minneapolis, Mt. Laurel, Dallas or Boston
Note that this role will involve some travel to client sites and other Willis Towers Watson offices.
• Update and maintain all requirements and specification documents, ensuring adherence to standards.
• Participate in client and internal planning meetings, as required, for all assigned projects.
• Effectively gather and document system requirements (while remaining cognizant of scope) by asking probing and clarifying questions, sharing best practices, and organizing client provided information and business rules.
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications for application using standard documentation templates.
• Responsible for system configuration based on client requirements.
• Addresses all data issues that impact carriers/exports/vendor files.
• Responsible for any vendor file updates and ongoing support.
• Utilize technology (SQL, Excel, text editors) to identify and isolate issues, analyze data, uncover root causes, and automate solutions.
• Create, maintain, and use test plans, including identifying comprehensive test scenarios, finding test cases, and developing expected results, for each component/change.
• Ownership of issues through to closure including involving other team members and escalating to the team leads as required.
• Identify reporting needs and requirements.
• Work closely with team (i.e. other business analysts, software developers) to ensure project requirements/requests for changes are understood and within standards.
• Provide guidance to other team members regarding data details and best/standard practices.
• Provide guidance/assistance to team members where needed to help ensure issues are resolved by assigned due date.
• Escalate concerns regarding deliverables and scope of work to team leads.
• Train and help transition ongoing processing requirements to client team.
• Research issues and cases to determine root cause and provide impact analysis for ongoing issues and changes and requests for new functionality.
• Addresses all data issues that have downstream system impacts.
• Assist team leads with project planning and or significant change orders.
• Understand statement of work and be responsible for change order identification and assist with providing work and hours necessary to draft the change order.
• Lead client requirements meetings as needed.
• Assist project management with development of project plan for open enrollment and significant change orders.
• Provide training for client on large-scale change orders to client, administration group and service center, as needed.
• Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun!
• 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst and/or 2+ years working directly with EDI interfaces
• Understanding of the fundamentals of health and welfare and broader benefit plan design preferred
• Ability to complete Willis Towers Watson Business Analyst training program
• Experience with relational databases including SQL Server (preferred), Oracle or Access (applicable)
• Intermediate to advanced SQL skills and Excel Data Skills
• Experience with test plan creation, testing procedures and test plan execution
• Strong analytical, integrative and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation
• Familiarity with agile processes and tools is beneficial.
• Ability to work both independently and on client teams, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
• Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to recognize and shift focus to the highest priority tasks or support others on high priority work.
• Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment managing multiple project priorities
• Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, management information systems, human resources management, benefits administration or related field
• Ability to travel (minimally) and work extended hours as needed
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Chicago, IL, USNewton, KSMinneapolis, MNMount Laurel, NJDallas, TX
Date Posted:November 1, 2018