Willis Towers Watson Pension Project Manager in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Pension Project Manager
Date Posted: June 7, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
This position can be located in any WTW office in the US or work from home.
As a Pension Outsourcing Project Manager, you will play a key role for our business by serving as the central link between clients and internal team members in the delivery of client projects and supporting ongoing service delivery engagements. You will collaborate with other Willis Towers Watson lines of business to develop, implement and maintain technology–based solutions and services that meet client requirements and Towers Watson commitments. Note that this role will involve some travel to client sites and other Willis Towers Watson offices.
• Manage the pension client interactions, communications, and expectations. Consistently meet client deliverables while facilitating open and ongoing client communications. Keep the client informed. Provide agendas and meeting notes.
• Develop and proactively maintain project plans, ensuring that both the clients and internal stakeholders understand their responsibilities, deliverables and timing, and the impact on the project.
• Manage and enforce client sign-offs.
• Manage the client to scope.
• Effectively manage the client team to ensure that tasks are completed on time and that team members have the resources and tools needed to complete their work.
• Clearly communicate pension project financial status including planned, current and future status. Understand the drivers of any write-offs & effectively communicate any current and future deviations from the budget projections. Demonstrate improved profitability or steps towards improving the profitability of projects managed.
• Complete billing process on time according to policy.
• Submit monthly financial emails that are on time, complete, accurate and according to the standard financial notification format.
• Enter time into Timekeeping system accurately & on time.
• Meet goals for billable hours.
• Ensure that team members know the project scope & their budgeted hours
• Manage to agreed budgets. Be able to communicate where projects are relative to budgets and understand the remaining work in order to effectively develop estimates to complete projects on time and within budgets.
• Demonstrate effective pension project team leadership.
• Ability to adapt or work effectively with team members’ different styles.
• Encourage and enable team members to work together and communicate effectively to accomplish the project goals.
• Leverage work to the appropriate resources.
• Foster a positive team environment.
• Hold team members accountable for individual responsibilities.
• Provide appropriate and timely constructive feedback.
• Manage the pension client interactions, communications, and expectations.
• 10+ years of Project Management experience in an HR outsourcing environment preferred
• Experience as a defined benefit / pension project manager required
• Experience on the fundamentals of Defined Benefit plan design, administration and service delivery/technology solutions including best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, development of cost benefit analysis and the implementation of client focused solutions required
• Proven experience in successfully leading project teams with multifaceted, competing priorities and deadlines, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
• Strong interpersonal and client management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment
• Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, management information systems, human resources management, benefits administration or related field
• Proficient in MS Office (including Excel), MS Project, Windows XP and Windows 2000
• Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Minneapolis, MN, USPhiladelphia, PA
Date Posted:June 7, 2018