Willis Towers Watson Reinsurance Broker – Medical in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reinsurance Broker – Medical
Date Posted: October 3, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
Willis Re currently has an opening for a Medical Reinsurance Client Manager/Placement Broker. The candidate is responsible for managing assigned client relationships and the retention and enhancement of those relationships. You understand the client’s individual risk situation and work with the team to develop the solutions based on the specific challenges involved. This includes renewals of existing client treaties, determining opportunities to expand value beyond reinsurance placement and leading the annual plan with the client and Willis Re team. This position operates in a fast paced, team oriented environment which is focused on medical business.
• Develop a deep understanding and insight into assigned clients and reinsurers to actively assist with day to day relationship management.
o Includes co leading client’s annual plan including business reviews and strategy setting discussions.
o Brokerage activities (Renewals and RFPs)
Working with senior broker (client advocate), contracts team and actuarial to structure and negotiate with reinsurers to secure best terms and price for client
Review of UW data and creating submissions to market with help of the Reinsurance Analyst (RA).
Working with Reinsurance Analyst to present options and secure coverage for client following our internal compliance process
o Non-Brokerage Special Project Management
Ensure we are delivering on client plan and business review meetings as indicated.
With direction from client advocate prepares client research to support strategies and initiatives for assigned clients and prospects.
• Direct reinsurance analyst (RAs) client services associates (CSAs) in the maintenance of critical client information and utilizing the content created by the broader account team to keep client and client team informed on developments.
Employment-based non-immigrant vi sa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity
• Bachelor’s Degree from a Four-Year College or University-Business background preferred and or equivalent work experience.
• Working knowledge of insurance and reinsurance principles including the primary reasons for utilization of reinsurance. Preference to those with medical background.
• 3-5+ years of insurance and/or reinsurance experience, ideally in underwriting, claims or actuarial. Preference to those with a medical background. Experience in the financial services industry outside of (re)insurance carriers may also be relevant.
• Understanding and commitment to a customer focus from a sales and service viewpoint.
• Able to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams dealing with technical topics.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts and apply quantitative skills
• Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
• Strong communication and presentation skills; project management skills a plus.
• Proficient with Information Technology, particularly Microsoft Office Products
• Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking abilities needed
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Willingness to take classes/training to enhance technical knowledge and skills.
• Flexibility to travel-up to 30%
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Minneapolis, MN, USNew York, NYPortland, ORPhiladelphia, PA
Date Posted:October 3, 2018