Willis Towers Watson Software Developer in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Date Posted: April 16, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
In this role, we are seeking a Senior Software Developer with over 5 years of experience with C# and ASP.NET MVC. This role will support our benefits administration product, BenefitConnect.
The Senior Software Developer manages all aspects of the development processes. In this role you will design, customize, maintain and develop new solutions to meet client requirements on BenefitConnect, our proprietary, highly sophisticated and user-friendly software, built on the .Net framework. You will also be responsible, to some extent, to maintain and customize our pre-BenefitConnect software, written in Visual Basic 6, Visual C++ and classic ASP.
“Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.”
You will have the opportunity to:
• Develop your technical skills and knowledge of benefit plan design
• Be on a career path for growth and advancement
• Build your consulting, client management and project management skills
• Employ the most cutting edge tools, and work with top talent in the industry
• Work in a dynamic, fast paced and high growth environment
There are 4 main areas of responsibilities: Client, Financial, Excellence, People
• Consistent delivery of implementations and ongoing outsourcing services that are on time, accurate and on budget
• Complete development work for all assigned projects by established deadlines agreed to by both client and project team members
• Ensure thorough understanding of system functionality requirements prior to beginning development by probing for additional information as needed
• Be available and responsive to system issues
• Improve client satisfaction by managing the identification and documentation of project scope changes
• Discuss project scope changes and billing implications with the client team prior to completing the work
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
• Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise
• Deliver on projects in accordance with project plan on time and at cost
• Review and manage budgeted hours, alerts Project Manager to potential overages, assist in identification out of scope requests
• Contributes and/or assists with change order process and documentation.
• Develop code per detailed specifications using specified programming languages, tools, and techniques under the direction of the project manager or team leader
• Deliver unit-tested systems timely that meet specification functionality requirements
• Work with team to define detailed specifications for specific functionality requirements
• Provide analysis for technical solutions based on functional requirements
• Provide consultative services on technical issues to clients and internal project teams
• Participate in development of system test plans
• Troubleshoot technical issues
• Keep abreast of latest developments regarding effective procedures, methods, and tools in software development and testing
• Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions to meet our clients’ outsourcing and broader human resources needs
• Follow processes, protocols and quality standards in the development and deployment of solutions
• Actively work with leaders on initiatives and standard processes
• Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
• Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
• Assist team members in whatever way necessary to reach successful completion of the tasks at hand. Can delegate work to others when appropriate.
Provide mentorship and support to junior Developers that is consistent with Pension Practice objectives. Serve as a role model for junior team members.
• Demonstrate knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), design patterns, frameworks and concepts
• Experience in Visual Basic 6 and C++ is a plus
• Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication, time management, and project organization skills.
• Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Attention to detail and follow-through
• Ability to multi-task against tight deadlines
• Ability to solve difficult problems in a complex environment
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in day-to-day people management either as a Component Owner, Team Leader, or as a Technical Lead
• Client service focus and flexibility in supporting client requests
• Actively and effectively initiate process improvements
• Ability to take an active role in training new and current associates on best practices, protocols, and other topics as needed
• Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
• Demonstrate a desire to learn and accept new challenges
• Bachelor’s (or Associates) degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. at https://www.willistowerswatson.com/
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Minneapolis, MN, USSan Diego, CAMinneapolis, MNPortland, ORDallas, TX
Date Posted:April 16, 2018