Willis Towers Watson Retirement Consultant in Reigate, United Kingdom
Date Posted: August 6, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
Summary of Role
As a Retirement Consultant you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects. You will serve as a key resource for the consultants in charge of each of your engagements by performing many aspects of the client work. As you grow and gain more expertise, you will become a key contact for the client and will begin taking on a larger project manager role within the team.
Your work will cover both trustee & corporate assignments and you will contribute to varied and interesting projects including :
– Integrated risk management
– Plan design strategy in the context of broader total rewards strategy
– Pension plan financial management, and
– Mergers and acquisitions.
Serve as primary resource and liaise effectively with colleagues and clients regarding data collection, analyses, and project execution required for accounting and funding valuations
Understand UK legislative environment and complete the first draft of deliverables for review by the consultant
Work in accordance with all relevant standards
Participate in key learning and development opportunities
Maintain steady progress through exams
Contribute to retirement plan risk assessment and mitigation.
- Deliver work in accordance to project deadlines and begin to serve as the project manager which includes: creating plans, marking progress ensuring appropriate and effective communication among team members and the client.
Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
Takes an active interest in the development of more junior staff, sharing in detail the completion of routine tasks.
Deliver on projects to meet or exceed client expectations
Increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes.
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by drafting proposals and responding to RFPs
– Some previous experience doing core valuation work and working in a client service and trustee oriented environment which covers defined benefit plans
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Actuarial exam progress towards Fellowship of the IFoA
– Proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues; strong client service orientation
– Demonstrated potential leadership qualities
– Well organized and detail oriented with ability to prioritise and delegate tasks
– Ability to work both independently and on client teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
– Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it
– Self-starter, interest in continually challenging oneself and willingness to step outside of one’s comfort zone
– Interest and ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how one’s work fits into the broader landscape
– Strong analytical and integrative skills including ability to draw conclusions and identify trends from data in a logical, systematic way
– Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com .
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Reigate, England, GB
Date Posted:August 6, 2018