Willis Towers Watson C# .NET Software Developer in San Diego, California
C# .NET Software Developer
Date Posted: December 20, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
In this role you will be using C#, SQL and ASP.NET MVC to develop software to support our benefits administration product. We are a collaborative environment and seeking individuals who are good communicators with experience in the .NET framework. This is a dynamic team with excellent growth potential!
Due to growth in our outsourcing business, we are looking for several software developers in full-time positions. In this role you will customize, maintain and develop new solutions to meet client requirements on BenefitConnect, our proprietary, highly sophisticated and user-friendly software, built on the .Net framework. You will consult with clients and play a key role in software development and technical support on client assignments. You will have the opportunity to:
• Develop your technical skills and knowledge of benefit plan design
• Be on a career path with growth and advancement
• Employ the most cutting edge tools and resources and work with top talent in the industry
• Work in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy and high growth environment
Open positions in the following cities: Minneapolis, MN, Ann Arbor, MI, Houston, TX or San Diego, CA
Note: Limited air travel may be required at times.
• Develop code per detailed specifications using specified programming languages, tools, and techniques under the direction of the project manager or team leader.
• Deliver timely unit-tested high quality systems that meet specification functionality requirements.
• Work with team to define detailed specifications for specific functionality requirements.
• Provide analysis for technical solutions based on functional requirements.
• Assist in determining requirements for estimating budgets and timelines.
• Provide consultative services on technical issues to clients and internal project teams.
• Participate in development of system test plans.
• Troubleshoot technical issues.
• Keep abreast of latest developments regarding effective procedures, methods, and tools in software development and testing.
• Work as a team to produce and deliver high quality results.
• Deliver on projects in accordance with project plans including budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards.
• Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise.
• 2 – 5 years development experience in MS SQL Server / Transact-SQL, Microsoft .Net, C#, and either ASP.Net or MVC.
• Degree (Associates or Bachelors) in computer science, management information systems or related area.
• Ability to complete Willis Towers Watson Software Developer training program.
• Background in benefits administration a plus.
• Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously; strong time management skills.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment that has tight deadlines.
• Ability to learn and evaluate new tools, concepts, and challenges quickly.
• Client service focus and flexibility in supporting client requests.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
• Be available, at times, to work extended work hours.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. at https://www.willistowerswatson.com/
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Minneapolis, MN, USSan Diego, CAChicago, ILAnn Arbor, MIHouston, TX
Date Posted:December 20, 2018