Willis Towers Watson Senior Software Engineer – Team Lead in South Jordan, Utah
Senior Software Engineer – Team Lead
Date Posted: September 18, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join and lead one of our software delivery teams. You value expertise and a passion for the craft of Software Engineering. You recognize and stay up to date on the applicability of current architectural design paradigms related to testing, security, performance, resilience, scalability and continuous delivery. You are a leader that motivates and coaches your team to deliver results that drive measurable business impact.
We are a group of passionate Software Engineers that have built the largest private Medicare marketplace in the country. We have a focus on continuous improvement that extends to both the software we write and the culture we promote. We build a platform to provide the best possible support to our customers shopping for insurance, where our insurance carriers can be confident their products are represented accurately and unbiased.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join and lead one of our software delivery teams. The candidate values expertise and a passion for the craft of Software Engineering. The candidate recognizes and stays up to date on the applicability of current architectural design paradigms related to testing, security, performance, resilience, scalability and continuous delivery. The candidate is a leader that motivates and coaches their team to deliver results that drive measurable business impact.
We are looking for individuals who love building software. You should have experience, but always willing to learn new things. You should be picky about the type of environment you want to work in because that matters just as much as the pay you would receive.
• Build full-stack software to meets business needs
• Manage application quality using automated testing, code reviews, reduction of technical debt, and production monitoring
• Coach and mentor each team member to help them achieve their career goals, while remaining open to others ideas
• Work closely with Product Management to represent the technical challenges of your application
• Encourage research and experimentation within the team to find the best technology solution
• Ensure deadlines for delivery are met, or communicated both within the team and to management when delivery is at risk for a deadline
• Facilitate the vision of management, and represent the team to management
• Assist with interviewing new candidates as needed
• Work with cross-functional disciplines such as UX, Product Management, Systems Engineering, and Database Engineering
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Experience with C# or other object-oriented programming languages
• Experience with ASP.Net or other web application frameworks
• Experience with MS SQL Server, PostrgeSQL or other database technologies
• Experience with CI/CD practices
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Familiarity with API design, microservices, and messaging patterns
• Familiar with indicators that define a high-functioning team
• Accept ownership of your work and overall projects
• Consider automated testing an important discipline while writing software
• Good at communicating ideas as well as hearing others
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. at https://www.willistowerswatson.com/
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:South Jordan, UT, USSalt Lake City, UT
Date Posted:September 18, 2018